The Army is developing IVAS to respond to an erosion in close combat capability relative to pacing threats identified in the 2018 National Defense Strategy via a Middle Tier Acquisition (MTA) Rapid Prototype pathway. IVAS integrates next generation 24/7 situational awareness tools and high resolution simulations to deliver a single platform that improves Soldier sensing, decision making, target acquisition, and target engagement. These capabilities will provide the increased lethality, mobility, and situational awareness necessary to achieve overmatch against our current and future adversaries in any domain.
IVAS includes the following:
- Ruggedized Heads-Up Display (HUD), cable, body-borne compute pack (Puck)
- Conformal Wearable Battery (CWB)
- Squad Radio
- Power recharge
- Squad Immersive Virtual Trainer (SiVT) infrastructure and equipment (“SiVT in a box”)
- Tactical Cloud Package (TCP)
- Cloud Services
- Adaptive Squad Architecture (ASA)
- Soldier Performance Metrics (SPM) tools
PM IVAS works with ASA(ALT) and its PEO subsidiaries, Army Futures Command and its cross functional teams, CCDC, as well as multiple branches of the Army Modernization Enterprise and Industry to deliver the next generation capabilities necessary to establish and sustain a clear and decisive overmatch for the Army of 2028 and beyond.